Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(01-03-2023, 06:38 PM)sterlingmallory Wrote: Yes they do need space. That's literally how the salary cap works. What I think you're insinuating is some other team will make some trades to open up cap space. I addressed this in my post, is there a team out there that are going to pull off a bunch of trades to open up cap space for Wood? They'll have to give up picks and other assets to do so. Is there a team that thinks they're a Christian Wood away from contending? The Knicks opened up space for Brunson because his literal family runs the team. Don't think that's the case for Wood. 

Is he going to force a sign and trade somewhere? Because again, without cap space, that's the only way he's getting anywhere close to 25 million a year. 

I get the sense that Wood still isn't all that highly regarded around the NBA so I just doubt that teams are going to dump contracts and assets to open up cap space like the Knicks or work to pull off a sign and trade like the Heat did with Kyle Lowry. 

I am of the opinion that they should offer the 2 year extension or AT MOST 3 years, with hopefully some kind of option or maybe make that 3rd year only partially guaranteed or something. If he doesn't accept that then we should just trade him at the deadline.
All it takes is 1 team, this assumption that no one wants Wood other than us is just off. Why do you continually want to be kicked in the Gortats?
[-] The following 2 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • MrGoat, omahen
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | extension "unlikely"? Mavs open to 2 yrs? - by ItsGoTime - 01-03-2023, 06:45 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM