Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
It is very easy to see how Wood changes the defense. When in paint he alters many opponents plays and shots even when not directly blocking the shots. Wood provides rim protection and the effect is noticable, we dont see as many easy layups around the rim  at least when he is in the paint. I wouldnt say Wood provides elite rim protection like KP did that one season he was at his best defensively. But Wood makes a huge difference in altering the plays and shots, and our defense has lacked that. It is also noticable in number of Woods blocks shots. I think last game started with a block shot from Wood. Rest of the game, the opponents werent that happy driving to the basket.  He has a thin frame and that is sometimes an issue he can be pushed around. But I think that is something that can be worked on. He has mobility for a big guy to switch and cover more than a single position. I think that Wood has a ton of potential to improve on defense. I don't see him as a bad defender at all, he has been positive on this side as well.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | extension "unlikely"? Mavs open to 2 yrs? - by burekemde - 01-02-2023, 04:24 AM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM