Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(01-01-2023, 08:35 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I really don't get the "lazy" tag on Wood. The guy was UNDRAFTED when expected to be a 1st rounder, then played four seasons mostly in the GLeague with minimal appearances in the NBA, fighting and struggling and working to find a spot in the NBA. A "lazy" player would have given up, but he fought and worked and eventually got a real shot in DET and shined. 

Then he got a real NBA contract in HOU and was screwed because that team that had been 4th in the West the year before decided to trade Harden (who played a total of 8 games) and then tank. The culture in HOU went to hell, absolutely no fault of Wood. Of course he was unhappy in HOU, who wouldn't have been?
It was a tag placed on him before being undrafted and why he didn’t get picked. I don’t think it’s fair or agree with it. I actually like Wood and think he will succeed here and we should extend him. The defense thing IMO is still a mystery long term but it’s the right gamble betting on Wood. We have no choice after we screwed up with the KP trade
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | extension "unlikely"? Mavs open to 2 yrs? - by Jason Terry - 01-01-2023, 09:55 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM