Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(01-01-2023, 04:35 PM)mvossman Wrote: Wood had some serious defensive struggles in the early part of the season.  I'm not so sure things would have gone nearly as well if Wood began the season as the starting center.

I feel like there is still a narrative out there that Kidd and the FO are not on the same page and Kidd has been trying to sabotage Wood.  I think the evidence suggests its more likely that they have been on the same page from the beginning and that Kidd's purpose has always been to get Wood focused on the defensive end.

Totally agree that he hasn't been trying to "sabotage" Wood. I think there's reason to wonder how things might have progressed differently had Wood gotten this chance earlier, and depending on where you fall in that argument, there might be room to wonder whether or not Kidd truly understands (understood, hopefully) the value of Wood. 

You might be right - maybe he demonstrated better understanding and then got the chance. Others might be right - maybe he got the chance and demonstrated that he learned from it. Maybe a combination of both. 

At this point, I care not. Just happy we're getting to see the experiment under the circumstances I feel are viable, regardless of how we got here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | extension "unlikely"? Mavs open to 2 yrs? - by KillerLeft - 01-01-2023, 05:13 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM