Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-30-2022, 03:36 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: My argument against your thought process is that the crazy losses were earlier in the season. They were still acclimating to the absence of Brunson and figuring things out. They seem to be righting the ship. 

I have to hand it to the (this year) hated Jason Kidd - he has adjusted their style of play quite well to the absences of Green, DFS, and Maxi. And Wood's defense (!) has made it possible to continue to win with those three top defenders out. 

I do agree that San Antonio is a major test as noted above.

I am officially triggered...you win.

This is the most ridiculous suggestion I have heard on here from a poster way more educated on bball than me.  Ive been following the Mavs closely on this board for 3 years...I know who the "smart" posters are.

To try and cast this off as something to do with Brunson is just reaching for excuses.   This team has done the same thing 3 year in a row now.  Play dumb and unorganized the first half of the season only to show at 4th or 5th gear after All-Star break.  

If I am getting to the revelation of seeing the patterns and posters having to dance around those revelations to the point of making outrageous claims to keep the secret alive...Im saddened.

This has nothing to do with Brunson.  It has everything to do with the team "wanting to save the best for last".  Its a war..."you cant show your whole hand at the beginning" non-sense.

Anyone that watches the Mavs knows that the first half of the season Luka or Brunson or Spencer will dribble the air out of the ball into lost games....only for the team to mysteriously learn how to pass the ball like an organized team after All-Star break.   

Why do they mysteriously learn to play organized basketball...offensively and defensively...after All-Star break?  Professionals...not guys learning to play basketball.  Professionals.   Why do we see organized ball movement after All-Star break, organized defense after All-Star break...but only a couple of times before?

Because we are getting acclimated?  The excuses are becoming numbing.  Its all fake.  Just make an excuse whether good or bad and just run with it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dynamicalVoid's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | extension "unlikely"? Mavs open to 2 yrs? - by dynamicalVoid - 12-30-2022, 08:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM