Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-30-2022, 01:44 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Can't argue with any of that. I just think unless you're trying to get by that Boston, Milwaukee, Brooklyn gauntlet in the East, the path to the finals is about as wide open right now as it's ever going to get. 

Sucks that the Mavs aren't MORE prepared to take advantage for sure, but I can't count them out right now. I know this winning streak has been against bad teams, but sometimes that's what it takes for a team to get on the same page about how they need to play...similar to a shooter getting in rhythm at the free throw line, I suppose. 

They are starting to look way, way better to me, and that's not just because of results. I feel like the defense is improving, the ball is starting to move more, etc. It's sad that Kleber won't be back in time to contribute, but adding Green and DFS to this group will be a good thing, imo, and the combo of Wright/Walker will help, I think. Who knows - there might be a small move in the near future that helps even more. 

If I had more faith in Kidd, I might be inclined to outright predict a top 4 seed, but since I don't the best I can do is not rule it out. They're making the playoffs, though - I'm ready to call that.

I'll handle the prediction, pal. Mavs will be top 4 for sure. 

The whole west is in a jumble. It's like the real season hasn't even started yet. It's always like that a little bit pre-January, but this year it seems like that even more. The Mavs are only 3 games back from the 1st seed (not saying they'll be the first seed). Last season they didn't get traction until after the new year. Luka is better than ever. The defense is coming around. And DFS and Josh are going to bring a boost when they come. 

Top 4 for sure

(12-30-2022, 02:05 PM)cow Wrote: My skepticism remains

It's good to see nothing's changed!  Big Grin
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | extension "unlikely"? Mavs open to 2 yrs? - by fifteenth - 12-30-2022, 02:19 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM