Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-30-2022, 01:38 PM)Jym Wrote: Yeah if Luka keeps playing like this and stays healthy then a top 3/4 seed is very possible 
I just hate we've thrown away so many winnable games already
We should be the #1 seed now with the room to drop when Luka inevitably has to sit a week or 2 at some point. Now we don't have any wiggle room for a hurt Luka

Can't argue with any of that. I just think unless you're trying to get by that Boston, Milwaukee, Brooklyn gauntlet in the East, the path to the finals is about as wide open right now as it's ever going to get. 

Sucks that the Mavs aren't MORE prepared to take advantage for sure, but I can't count them out right now. I know this winning streak has been against bad teams, but sometimes that's what it takes for a team to get on the same page about how they need to play...similar to a shooter getting in rhythm at the free throw line, I suppose. 

They are starting to look way, way better to me, and that's not just because of results. I feel like the defense is improving, the ball is starting to move more, etc. It's sad that Kleber won't be back in time to contribute, but adding Green and DFS to this group will be a good thing, imo, and the combo of Wright/Walker will help, I think. Who knows - there might be a small move in the near future that helps even more. 

If I had more faith in Kidd, I might be inclined to outright predict a top 4 seed, but since I don't the best I can do is not rule it out. They're making the playoffs, though - I'm ready to call that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | extension "unlikely"? Mavs open to 2 yrs? - by KillerLeft - 12-30-2022, 01:44 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM