Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-30-2022, 01:27 PM)Jym Wrote: I feel it's a bit dumb from the Mavs side not to offer the full 4 years now. That's a very tradable deal that offers a lot of upside

This might end up being true, but it's also possible he signs the deal and immediately stops pushing. 

I think the critiques of his on court play have started bending over backwards in comical ways to justify the team's reluctance to lean on him, but we just aren't in position to know what, historically, in his off-court professional life or even his personal life might give them pause. 

Again, I'm just happy it's going well enough that extension/re-signing is actually being discussed.

(12-30-2022, 01:30 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Keep starting Wood and if he and Luka stay healthy, this team is making the playoffs.

Yeah, I think so too. 

I'm not even sure you have to start Wood (though I would). You just need to get this version of him in the minutes he plays. 

There just isn't a team who has it totally figured out in the Western Conference this season, not one. Memphis and New Orleans are the closest, and they're both less experienced than the Mavs. I'm honestly not sure home court advantage isn't on the table, tbh.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | extension "unlikely"? Mavs open to 2 yrs? - by KillerLeft - 12-30-2022, 01:30 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM