Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-29-2022, 10:44 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: He's not signing for 2 years and if he keeps playing the way he is, the 4 year max we can offer won't cut it. The same thing is happening that happened with Brunson last year. Wood has been inserted into the started lineup and is producing on both ends of the court while staying efficient on offense. The same people thinking we can sign him for 2 years will be mad when he walks like Brunson. This team gets too cute with players like this is some prime destination for players to come and it's not. At some point it has to be about retaining your own talent while also growing talent and making good trades when they arise.

You might be right, and I’ll FOR SURE be mad if he walks for nothing, but then again, I low key thought he’d get a better contract when he was free and signed with Houston, and then was pretty surprised at how cheaply he was acquired via trade. 

All that said, I’m getting close to being ready to offer the full 4 years if I’m Dallas.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | extension "unlikely"? Mavs open to 2 yrs? - by KillerLeft - 12-29-2022, 11:08 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM