Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-28-2022, 08:44 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: As I indicated yesterday, the tide seems to be shifting.

This also came up on the Lowe-Post.  Both McMahon and Lowe thought Wood should take the two years if offered.  Seems a middle ground might be TO third year with a partial guarantee.  That is a common way of raising the AAV of the guaranteed years of the contract if the team decides to move on early.

I think it is probably wise to be thinking about Plan Powder 25 when looking at things like this (and other non-star deals).  I'm not nearly as worried about Luka leaving as some here.  You can write it in pen...he will opt out of his PO and take a $300mm Super Max extension starting in 26/27.  The time to start worrying about Luka leaving is after that.

That ain´t happening. Cuban thinks draft picks are trash, Luka makes him money, so why would he ever consider trading Luka? Huh

Cuban is not a reasonable man and Luka might not understand this, but his agent Duffy does. There is no way to force a trade out of Dallas.

Therefore Luka does not sign a super-max extension in Dallas, unless he´s on a championship dynasty contender. Otherwise he´s stuck with this loser franchise until 2030. He´s not waiting till he is 31 years old to play for a competent owner. 

The last max extension was life-altering money, he simply could not refuse. Now he has 250M in the bank. He´s not hitching himself to a petulant man child, because of a $50M difference (or whatever it is) that sponsorships will easily account for, when he becomes the face of the NBA and signs with one of the LA teams, NY teams, Boston or Miami.

The NBA or Nike have no interest in Luka playing for a trash franchise for over a decade either. He´ll hear it from his agent, from the sponsors, from the NBA, and from the media. You want to be an ATG, you have to leave. He ain´t no Dirk.

He´s not signing that extension. To think so is delusional. I´d actually have no respect for him, if he did. That´s pissing away his legacy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | extension "unlikely"? - by Mavs2021 - 12-29-2022, 10:38 AM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM