Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-27-2022, 04:52 PM)mvossman Wrote: That's a huge if.  He started the season off playing out of his mind and came back to reality relatively quickly.  We are talking about a very small sample against relatively poor competition.  I'm not saying its not possible that he continues to improve and ends up being worth that by the end of the season.  To me the post read that its obvious he is worth that right now.  I don't see it, and I doubt the market does either.  I'm getting close to believing he is worth his max extension, and I believe we need to do one of three things before the TDL:

1.  Extend Wood
2.  Trade Wood
3.  Trade for Collins (which most likely will include number 2)

I'm not a fan of going past the TDL with the Wood situation undecided.  There is too much risk and he would have too much leverage.  I also don't really see us trading Powell/Bullock for Collins and re-signing Wood into a huge tax bill.  One reason I would prefer to send Wood out for Collins (if we are going that route) is because I would like to see Collins as a center, and that's much more likely with Wood going out.

So the answer might be to offer Wood-McGee for Collins?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | extension "unlikely"? - by F Gump - 12-27-2022, 05:06 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM