Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-27-2022, 03:56 PM)mvossman Wrote: I'm confused.  If Cuban's only purpose is to shave salary, then why did we sign extensions to Dorian and Maxi?  Wood was traded for expiring contracts that actually amounted to less than Wood, so he didn't save a penny in that trade.  I realize there is a lot of frustration on how the Brunson situation was handled and Cuban is clearly not the same owner who spent his way out of poor trades befor the championship, but there is a lot of room between an owner who does not want spend nearly 200 million in salary plus well over 100 million in tax for a roster that is not a contender, and an owner that is trying to strip away any salary that he can.

I also find it interesting that NBA circles do not seem to share your evaluation of Wood.  Players on the last year of a 14 mil contract who are worth 25 mil cost a lot more than a crappy first while eating 4 crappy expirings.  It only takes one, but I doubt he is getting 25 mil this coming offseason.
If he keeps playing the way he has? I bet Charlotte would pay him close to that. Also, never underestimate Orlando taking on another big. 

To the notion that few teams have the money to take Wood on after he completes his breakout season. I say, NY JUST said, ”hold my beer” to that thought last offseason. What team will do it this one?

Things change in valuation during an NBA season, what might be true now, can quickly change. This conversation is mainly staying in the realm of Wood continuing his recent breakthrough.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | extension "unlikely"? - by ItsGoTime - 12-27-2022, 04:19 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM