Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
What's missing in this latest discussion is the consideration that was a lot more prevalent in the off-season with the JB situation. Isn't the most plausible view of things right now that when Cuban looks at Wood right now, what he sees most of all is a juicy expiring contract? Why would he "screw that up" by 1) offering an extension, 2) trading him for long-term salary, or 3) making any genuine effort to re-sign him this off-season when Christmas will come in July for Cuban when Wood walks? If there was a way to bet on that scenario right now, I'd lay a grand on it, and I'm far from a rich man.

Moreover, I have to shake my head at the talent evaluation of some of our posters here. Wood is a big who 1) can stretch the defense with his three, 2) handle and drive, 3) create his own shot, 4) rebound, and 5) pass, and has recently shown 6) solid rim protection, 7) some switching ability, and 8) quite strong chemistry with Luka. That he wouldn't be worth $25 mil a year or so at least is likely a tremendous surprise to the few other big men in the league who could check five or more of those boxes. Carry on, tho. You're doing Mark's work for him!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | extension "unlikely"? - by Scott41theMavs - 12-27-2022, 02:52 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM