Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-27-2022, 10:00 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Or, treat him like a guy with potential who has never been able to put it all together at both ends of the court and see if you can be the staff that finally solves the riddle.  

This level of play defensively was not pre-ordained.  It has come largely against big lumbering centers (other than that All-NBA guy in Minnesota….Naz something).  So, we don’t have a clue whether it is sustainable.  We also don’t know if throwing Wood into the deep end immediately would have provided better or worse results than what we’ve seen to date.
You’re right, it’s not preordained, that’s why it’s called breaking out. The absolute best chance to make the team sans JB was for Wood to have a breakout season. That’s it. No other development would mean more. That’s why I tore into the talent evaluation of the team. 

The best possible place we can acquire players is right before they have their breakout season. We may have gotta that with Wood and we treated him piss poorly up until that point. There are a lot of unknowns with him, I agree. I’m with Kamm though, we’re closer to knowing the unknowns today if we start the guy who gives us the best chance to getting where we want him to be. I believe Green is in a similar boat.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | extension "unlikely"? - by ItsGoTime - 12-27-2022, 11:48 AM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM