Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
Two weeks ago I would have said that Wood is not my type of player and the max I would offer, if I were to offer, was around 17 million-ish.   Always saying I could be wrong and wanted to be proved wrong.   I probably would have moved him for the John Collins bad contract as well.

Now?  I have seen some promising signs from him.   I wanted to see him impact games besides the large scoring runs he has every few games.   Am I ready to go all in?  Not yet.  The next 4 weeks are going to be very important to the team and him.   I think you need to keep him starting.  I believe if he is going to re-sign here, starting will be an big factor.  Might as well see how it looks. 

Their are two pieces to the Mavs puzzle if they want to re-sign him.  First, him and Kidd have to get a long and have trust in each other.  Second (the piece we missed with Jalen), the front office needs to lay the bread crumbs to Wood and his representatives.   You can't wait until right at the trade deadline to broach an extension.  By then, it will be too late.  Even if he has decided to bet on himself.
[-] The following 3 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • F Gump, ItsGoTime, KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | extension "unlikely"? - by Chicagojk - 12-27-2022, 11:01 AM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM