Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-27-2022, 09:24 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Here is what I think he is saying reading the entire thing as a single thought rather than cherry picking the sections Mav’s Film Room decided to feature…

Wood picked a good time to break out

There are reasons to discount the recent numbers (the opposition hasn’t been great) and up til now Dallas really wasn’t planning to extend

But, this run has been impressive…even to Dallas’s defensive minded coaches.

The other thing that is in the article that I didn’t copy is a screen shot of a Grant Aseth tweet showing Wood to be one of 5 NBA players who have 2+ blocks in six-straight games.  Don’t focus on what is in front of the ‘but’ (which is what Mav’s Film Room did).  Focus on what comes after the ‘but’.  She used to look fairly plain, but that boob job really changed things.

My "I don't know" stems from the fact that "I don't know" whose perspective or from what angle Stein is writing.

This is the question that hinges on how I interpret everything else: Why has (is?) a contract extension been "unlikely"?

1) Is it because the Mavs have not thought Wood was worthy and now the "but" has possibly changed that? (that seems to be your view)

OR

2) Is it because Cuban is too cheap to invest in Wood long term, period?

OR

3) Is it because Wood's camp either is not interested in being in DAL long term because of dynamics with coaches/team OR thinks he is worth more than the max extension?

If it is number one, then it feels like more evidence to me of the ineptitude of the IIC.

I personally don't get a feel from Stein's wording that his "but" really is him suggesting that a contract extension is more likely now. I think it is him suggesting that maybe things COULD change, but that is him guessing. So I think there are two parts to Stein's words: 1) the report of the unlikely nature of an extension and 2) him speculating that maybe things could change. Maybe his speculations are informed by whispers from the IIC, but I don't get the sense that they are.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | extension "unlikely"? - by Kammrath - 12-27-2022, 10:40 AM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM