Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-27-2022, 09:24 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Here is what I think he is saying reading the entire thing as a single thought rather than cherry picking the sections Mav’s Film Room decided to feature…

Wood picked a good time to break out

There are reasons to discount the recent numbers (the opposition hasn’t been great) and up til now Dallas really wasn’t planning to extend

But, this run has been impressive…even to Dallas’s defensive minded coaches.

The other thing that is in the article that I didn’t copy is a screen shot of a Grant Aseth tweet showing Wood to be one of 5 NBA players who have 2+ blocks in six-straight games.  Don’t focus on what is in front of the ‘but’ (which is what Mav’s Film Room did).  Focus on what comes after the ‘but’.  She used to look fairly plain, but that boob job really changed things.
So treat him as if he’s never gonna break out and be a player we need (similar to JB) because it’s DFS and Bullock and THJ and Powell and SD who have proven to be the guys that’ll take us to the championship. Not even saying Wood is that guy. He was at least the offensive punch that was way better than those guys who had the potential to make the leap he did. 

I’m not even saying the leap will be sustained, just that what changed is a small sample size surge (not unlike JB last year after playing 5-6 games in his new role) when some confidence was put into him. Maybe the big ole meanies in the coaching staff had it wrong when they scoffed at the notion that Wood should start.

All of this speaks to the talent evaluation of the people in charge of that part of this organization. 2 years of evidence if Wood sustains this production.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | extension "unlikely"? - by ItsGoTime - 12-27-2022, 09:44 AM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM