Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-27-2022, 12:37 AM)F Gump Wrote: If Wood was seriously thinking he is an all-star, he wasn't ever interested in an extension of any kind at any point. I guess we should have taken him at face value -- he's just here to collect paychecks and line himself up for a big free agency payday.

Not sure how you work with that. Personally I was hoping for an extension one way or another, with very little interest in trying to woo him as a free agent, so I'd be likely to take the best deal possible for him before the TDL and hope they can land someone good.
Who wasn’t hoping for an extension knowing the max he could be paid is $17M (there were a few initially, but I think most have come around)? He also said he wanted to be paid like a starter (not unlike a certain THJ in his recent FA). That right there says the extension had very little legs to begin with. 

As far as thinking he is an allstar? That wasn’t the quote, the quote was that he wanted to make the allstar game this year being on a team that it was finally possible for him to dream that dream.

How do you work with that? Apparently you put him on the bench, start Javale McGee ahead of him, then start Powell ahead of him. All the while taking pot shots at him when the media asks. Which opens the door for Javale freakin McGee to take them too! That’s apparently the right way to “work” with that. 

Here you are defending that. Bravo! LOL!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | extension "unlikely"? - by ItsGoTime - 12-27-2022, 02:06 AM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM