Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-26-2022, 05:46 PM)Kammrath Wrote: 1) Well I for one watch all the games, so everything I say starts and ends with what I have seen.

2) I have desired SD going to the bench from the very beginning of the season and did not like him starting from day one. But my suggestion of trading him comes from the fact that he is shooting REALLY well and probably has as much trade value as he might get, coupled with the fact that he is the worst two-man partner for basically all the most important Mavs players.

Watching games does not mean you are not potentially affected by outside influences.  Somebody points out subtle details you may not have noticed before, you follow a players stats or on/off numbers and it creates a feedback loop on how you look at said player.  We are all human.  Its almost impossible to not be impacted to some degree by outside influences, and given that most of us don't have perfect basketball knowledge its probably a good thing in general.

Dinwiddie was one of the better two man partners for most of the important players last season with roughly the same sample size.  So what happened?  Did his level of play change that much?  Is it his role?  Does it have something to do with Brunson leaving?  By far his best partner this season is Powell, but last season Powell was one of his worst partners.  What does that mean?  

I think the answer to a lot of these questions is noise.  As I have mentioned many times, on/off numbers are very noisy and if you are going to want to sell of every player who has a bad 35 game sample you are going to find yourself flip flopping on guys all the time.
[-] The following 2 users Like mvossman's post:
  • AgGiE1991, F Gump
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by mvossman - 12-26-2022, 06:30 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM