Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-22-2022, 11:09 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I think it would be a mistake to pay him more than “super-sub” money.  I think that is something in the $12-$14mm range.  Which team would pay Wood to start?  Charlotte maybe.  Other than that I can’t come up with anyone and they don’t really need to trade for Wood as they have access to cap room this summer.  If he’d take $14mm on a Bamba like deal, I’d sign him between now and the TDL.  If he won’t sign for that, who out there would value him as a long term piece.  Maybe there is a playoff team looking for a rental, but do any of them need the rental worse than we do?  It puts us in a tough position all around.

I think he has more potential than you do, it seems, but I think this logic is all valid and probably a good approach that would help you avoid negotiating against yourself and get screwed in the process. 

BUT, if the plan is to move him at the TDL because you don't want to pay what he wants, then you MUST trade him, even if teams aren't offering what you want.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by KillerLeft - 12-22-2022, 11:13 AM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM