Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-13-2022, 12:17 PM)Kammrath Wrote: 1) I think Wood has the talent to be a starter and should log starter minutes. If that proves to be wrong, so be it. But I do not think you can KNOW that without trying it. That is my big complaint with Kidd. He comes at a lot of players with big assumptions it seems and uses them in a way that fits his assumptions. 

2) I do not think Kidd is "doing everything in his power to make Wood ineffective." Not at all. I think @DanSchwartzgan is right about what Kidd likely is thinking about Wood. I just think Kidd is in no place to truly know (no one is) until you try other options. I think Kidd is just convinced that he is right (Kidd's arrogance is my biggest complaint about him) about Wood and the way he is using Wood is a self-fulfilling prophecy. 

3) I think Wood should be used like he is the second "star" on the team, i.e. build lineups to fit what magnifies his talents on both ends. Try it, run with it, try to maximize his talents, just don't bury his talents in a limited role. If it doesn't work, then you KNOW and you TRIED. But now the Mavs are looking at a scenario where Wood will likely come and go and we will never know if there was a way to maximize his talent. 

4) I would run Wood/Luka pick and rolls to death. I would run offense through Wood when Luka is sitting. I would play Wood as the lone big. I would play Wood with Maxi. I would play Wood at least 30 minutes a game and let him finish both halves. I would try that for a good number of games and see how it goes. I think Wood can be a high-impact offensive player and a neutral defensive player if used properly. That is my take on him.

I am in Brazil right now, but wanted to check in and remind us all of one thing:

Kidd sucks and luck/fate might save his butt by forcing him to do what he should have done all along.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • IamDougieFresh, KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by Kammrath - 12-17-2022, 06:39 AM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM