Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-14-2022, 07:17 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Again, I'll caution that we pump the brakes on assuming Collins is some polished offensive player consistently. He might be, and I'm sure he's more skilled with the ball than either of those two, but I doubt he can do the things Wood can do on offense, quite frankly. He might be a better pick and roll guy (but idk, Wood seems pretty damn good to me) but again, from everything I've read and heard from my ATL fan friends, they think he's not really special at forward. As in, "not worth his contract" not special. It might be a good get, so I'm not trying to crap on it, and judging by how it's going here with Wood I'd probably do it.

Agreed on skill.
Wood > Collins

Wood is better at most things, can handle the ball better, has a better face-up game, is more crafty, can post-up, can dribble the length of the court and end-up with a lay-up or dunk, has better vision, a better 3 ball, a better rebounder, etc. Overall - a big who's more than competent on the offensive end scoring by himself or assisted. Collins could be better than Wood at lobs and PNR play, but not entirely sure about that too. 

Not going to go with stats such as blocks for the defensive end, Wood can equally block shots when he goes up to contest shots, but as far as overall defense goes, Collins is better. But not by a wide margin. Still, he is the better defender and that counts with a quasi-coach like Kidd.

*I don't see Wood as Mav next season, so they better trade him now than lose him later. If Collins is the eventual replacement, it's one more player who can't dribble/play-make so better have another guy from the TDL who can, to come along with Collins (from the Hawks or thru some other team).
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo - 12-14-2022, 10:24 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM