Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-13-2022, 05:49 PM)mvossman Wrote: I'm confused by this answer as it seems to be contradicting itself.  Are you saying we could draft a second round big as a veteran presence?

I sped read your post, sorry. 

Don't care about adding "veteran leadership" to a team coming off of a WCF season, especially not in the form of a player that moves the team's approach to basketball closer to the stone age every time you play him. 

For leadership, I would've recommended holding onto the team's already in place leader and 2nd best player, even if it took drastic tactics, up to and including nuking New York city (I kid). In lieu of that, I think Dragic was the big missed opportunity here. Even Kemba Walker is more valuable from this angle than McGee, imo.

What I meant to agree with is that the "wear and tear" concerns could've been addressed by a 2nd round pick...veteran minimum...whatever. 

I'd add that not employing Javale McGee is its own reward, regardless of what they felt their needs were at the time. 29 teams won that transaction.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by KillerLeft - 12-13-2022, 05:55 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM