Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-13-2022, 03:58 PM)mvossman Wrote: And I have no idea why we are bringing McGee into this?  No doubt that was a fail, but the conversation is around the Wood trade.

Right, but people are quick to say trade was to dump those other guys, not to get Wood. I'm not sure I agree, but that's a common argument lately. To me, that "value" is based on how the roster spots are used. Hardy is a win, so that's a roster spot better spent than any of the outgoing guys for sure. 

But, if "dumping" guys on the last years of their deals (I know not all of them were, but there wasn't a lot of long term money removed) was just to get the team in even deeper on a three year deal for McGee (who I'd like to have less than ANY of the outgoing players, even Boban) and a one year rental for Wood...idk, man. Pretty underwhelming, and easy to argue that it might even be a move backwards, imo. 

Again, they're one good Wood trade away from shining a different light on all this, but they let Brunson walk, and that's WAY more catastrophic than it would be to let Wood walk for nothing, so I think it's safe to say my eyes are a little bit open on this one. Not expecting the worst, but much more prepared for it this time around.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by KillerLeft - 12-13-2022, 04:31 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM