Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-13-2022, 03:52 PM)mvossman Wrote: Its very possible that they were hoping (like the rest of us) that being on a competing team would alter who he is as a defender and were hoping to move him into the starting lineup relatively soon.  And then they discovered that a lot of his defensive issues are less about effort (or at least less about effort affected by meaningful games) and more about limited BBIQ.

Sure, but unless I'm missing something about your point, that doesn't address mine. 

I would not have traded anything for Wood or even wasted this time on him had I thought of him as needing to play in a two-big system, even in the best-case scenario of what that means. I was excited because I thought that best-case, if it worked, they'd have a starting center, and one that presented them with significant and rare advantage over opponents. 

Now, maybe they thought of him like I did, too, and they've just pivoted since he got here. But (and I've argued against this thinking a ton in the past with other players people were convinced needed more time, so I get how it can come across) I just don't see evidence that the role I envisioned for him (which could be a bench role, easily) has gotten much of a chance. This leads me to believe what they're doing with him NOW was kind of the plan, which is what Dan has been saying all along, and I'm just saying I would've been out on this player in that role from jump street. Even if it works, it doesn't really work.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by KillerLeft - 12-13-2022, 04:08 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM