Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-13-2022, 03:44 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah, you're probably right. I must be remembering 18 from the Green draft, sorry. 

And I'm not "worked up"...I just grow tired of decision after decision that doesn't yield pay dirt. Luka was a score of a generation type, and it's starting to look like Green was a solid pick, too. Better than solid, even! I have a lot of confidence that Hardy is going to add significant value in the future, and I adore the extensions for both DFS and Kleber. So it's not like I'm completely down on everything they're doing. 

I suppose on some level I'm bringing baggage from the disastrous swing and miss on Porzingis into every subsequent setback, but...to be real, that's kind of the reality of where they are. Watching Brunson walk away for nothing doesn't help. It's difficult not to let one disappointment influence the tone of the next situation, especially with disappointments that significant. 

Here's the best way to say it, I guess. If THIS (how they're choosing to use Wood) was how they intended to "take a swing" on him, then I feel like I probably would not have chosen to take that swing if I had been in their shoes. I thought the swing was valuable (while still a gamble) at the time, but only because I was viewing the player (and his potential) in a drastically different way than they did.

Its very possible that they were hoping (like the rest of us) that being on a competing team would alter who he is as a defender and were hoping to move him into the starting lineup relatively soon.  And then they discovered that a lot of his defensive issues are less about effort (or at least less about effort affected by meaningful games) and more about limited BBIQ.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by mvossman - 12-13-2022, 03:52 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM