Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-13-2022, 11:30 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Nope and the numbers don't say that either. 

I was simply making the point that I do not believe and I don't think the numbers are saying that Wood is some bottom of the NBA defender.

I still struggle sometimes on how you interpret the numbers.  Didn't this discussion start with Dan suggesting that Wood was a rotation offense only player that makes sense to come off the bench?  You are disagreeing with him by showing a Raptor ranking in which he is the 7th best player on the team.  Isn't that an argument for him coming off the bench?

Then you argue that Kidd is doing everything in his power to make Wood ineffective.  If my goal was to give Wood the best numbers possible, I would play him with Luka for offensive purposes and with Maxi for defensive purposes and play him as many minutes as I could against second units where defensive limitations are not exposed as much and he can feast offensively.  About the only thing I might do differently than Kidd is give Wood more minutes, unless I was worried that I would expose his limitations doing that.  I don't really see how Kidd is sabatoging him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by mvossman - 12-13-2022, 12:02 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM