Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-13-2022, 08:45 AM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: greta-how-dare-you.gif]

I am not here with you. Wood's defensive On/Off is -2.1 (not good) but SD (-3.9) and DFS (-8.7) are much worse. 

I truly believe the self-fulfilling prophecy is Kidd being convinced Wood wouldn't work and then using him in a way that doesn't work.

We just see it differently.  I’d argue Kidd is doing the only thing that has a chance of working.  I’m not sure the so-and-so is worse argument holds much water with me.  DFS isn’t being hidden on the opponents second best bench big.  He’s typically playing the best starter on the opposing team.  His 3rd most used 5-man lineup still includes the McGee disaster to start the season.  His second most used 5-man lineup is the current starting lineup where he is the only player with even a hint of a defensive reputation.

To Razz’s point, yeah, we have a bunch of one-dimensional role players.  But none of those guys has a D-EPM of 12.  In fact, it is hard to be that bad at D-EPM and get minutes.  Only six players in the entire league have played as many minutes as Wood and have a D-EPM of 12 or worse.  Only one of those plays for a team that has a better record than Dallas.  I have a hard time blaming anyone other than Wood for this and giving him more time in a role where he isn’t protected by Maxi and Green against subs doesn’t seem like a winning formula.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by DanSchwartzgan - 12-13-2022, 10:31 AM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM