Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-13-2022, 08:40 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I think I've seen enough.  I've tried to be positive about how Wood could probably fit into a limited role here...a role I thought he could thrive in.  I accurately described that role this summer and have consistently and accurately pointed out what Kidd is trying to do to make Wood viable.  But, it isn't working out.  As of this morning, Wood is -1.5 in On-minus-Off.  EVERY SINGLE NBA team has a center who starts or at least has played 500 minutes with a higher D-EPM than Wood's pathetic 12.  Center's have to defend and Wood can't.  Even if you value offense, his O-EMP is 27th among centers...right behind freaking Mason Plumlee.  No one is giving value for this guy.

He's not our second best player who Kidd should start.  He's an offense-only role player off the bench.  

It doesn't matter what position you want to call him, he won't (and probably can't) play as a solo-big.  Kidd is protecting him against subs and alongside Maxi (and probably Green after watching last night).  If you don't like him in that scenario, pray we never have to see him starting consistently with DFS, THJ, SD and Luka.  If someone proposed a trade to bring Wood to Dallas, the board would point out that he's empty calories.  A ball-stopping offensive big who can't defend his position.  But, he's ours and hope springs eternal that what we hope we see will turn into reality.  We rejoice when he scores 20 against scrubs and look aside when he gives up points at the other end just as fast.

Probably more important than all the ink that is spilled around here arguing about what Wood could do if only given the chance, every pro-scout in the league can see these flaws.  Wood's trade value is almost certainly as an expiring contract that a bad team can sell to their fan base as a scorer while they wait to move on from him this summer.  He needs to go and after failing to get value for Brunson at the last TDL, this team won't make that same mistake again.  We see the trade rumors involving centers and presume expiring Powell is on his way out.  Are we really sure it isn't expiring Wood at the center of those proposals.

[Image: greta-how-dare-you.gif]

I am not here with you. Wood's defensive On/Off is -2.1 (not good) but SD (-3.9) and DFS (-8.7) are much worse. 

I truly believe the self-fulfilling prophecy is Kidd being convinced Wood wouldn't work and then using him in a way that doesn't work.
[-] The following 3 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • ballsrchr, BigDirk41, IamDougieFresh
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by Kammrath - 12-13-2022, 08:45 AM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM