Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-06-2022, 07:48 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: As to the rest of the article, I heard someone on a podcast today responding to a published 'trade idea', not rumor.  I didn't catch whose idea it was.  The deal was Josh, McGee and a 2nd for Poeltl.  The commentator didn't think either side would do the deal.  SA wouldn't want to eat the McGee contract.  Dallas wouldn't give up Josh for an expiring Poeltl.  He liked Poeltl, but he wasn't sure he would close games here.

That whole mmb article was off info-wise. In addition to the misinformation on Wood re an extension, the article's assertion is that "Scotto notes the Mavs have shown interest in a center if ..." whereas Scotto merely offered his sense of what would interest them 'IF' they at some point decide to move on from McGee and start chasing a new center somewhere down the road. (The answer - they still want to find and add exactly what they had HOPED to get in McGee.)

That's a meaningful difference, to get an accurate read on whether or not the Mavs have already moved on from McGee as a possibility. From Scotto, they haven't yet. And it's hard to think they could make a trade of McGee for the same sort of player, to play the same position, only better -- why would another team do that? I'm guessing the Mavs instead are still hoping to find a way to make the McGee thing work out.
[-] The following 2 users Like F Gump's post:
  • DallasMaverick, MFFL
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by F Gump - 12-06-2022, 09:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM