Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-06-2022, 08:11 PM)F Gump Wrote: This is all nonsense - in fact, it's about the exact opposite of what is accurate. They can sign him to a very limited extension now (max would be 2 yrs and about 30M-ish), then on Dec 24, they get MORE freedom added (max would be increased to 4 yrs and about 76M-ish). For bigger money than any of that, he would have to wait until free agency.

Or wait forever, perhaps.

I know that many here talked early on about him getting much bigger numbers than any extension allows, from someone, but based on what we have seen so far on the court as a Mav, I don't buy it at all. He can put up stats, but he clearly has other flaws that limit his effectiveness (and therefore his value imo). I keep coming back to the comp that he's a better version of Boban (a big who is enticing since he can put up attractive numbers) but who also can be somewhat hard to use because of the rest of his game. He does have more range and more mobility than Bobi, so that adds to the possibilities, and perhaps he can work out some of the other issues to some degree, so there's reason to hope, but I can't see any reason yet for massive money like he might be thinking he'll command.

Philosophically I can understand your Bobi comp even if I hate it as it really undersells Wood as an offensive weapon and a pretty great rebounder.  I'd be happy with 2 for ~30M.  I'd start to worry if we gave him more years or a much higher number.

He kind of gives me Monta vibes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by cow - 12-06-2022, 08:58 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM