Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-04-2022, 12:01 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: A. There is something to be lost if this doesn't work.
B. It actually does result in good play.  When Wood plays fewer minutes, he outperforms the team's +/-.  When he goes over that number, the early indications are he's a fairly big negative.  Obviously, it is more complex than that, but we only have so many games to look at.

No one is advocating going back to "Just Powell and Kleber in the rotation as bigs".  I think there is a role that works for Wood.  What I don't know is whether expanding that role works, but it doesn't appear that it does.  

If A and B are relative, and the team is hovering around .500 with the current approach, what's the downside to trying something different? 

And, shouldn't your thought be amended to "What I don't know is whether expanding that role works, but it doesn't appear that it does SO FAR"?

(12-04-2022, 12:01 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: No one is advocating going back to "Just Powell and Kleber in the rotation as bigs".  I think there is a role that works for Wood.  What I don't know is whether expanding that role works, but it doesn't appear that it does.  

Cool. So, how do you bring Dinwiddie off the bench (which I think you agree needs to happen unless I've misunderstood you), keep Dinwiddie and Powell's minutes aligned as much as possible AND keep McGee on the bench without more big minutes from Wood?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by KillerLeft - 12-04-2022, 12:04 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM