Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-03-2022, 02:45 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I’m fine with 1 big, as long as they can hold their own against the “dinosaurs”/bigger bigs of the league. That or we have a bigger wing than DFS who can take them on. We’re getting to that point in our roster’s useful part of their careers that we need to churn them for younger pieces though. 

I’ve cooled a bit on Turner since there has been no improvement with his 3 shot over the last 3 years and his beef is wanting a bigger role in the offense. On top of that, foot issues makes me highly skeptical he would work out here. If we got him, I’d be happy to see if he did fit, cause that rim protection is top notch.

I think the tear it down and build it back up approach gets us closer to a dynasty that staying the course and hoping for that big swing. I guess that could happen this next offseason, one way or another.

I think Turner is a great player. I think he might be a little too high on the "crazy scale" to be an ideal piece, but he's a good player and the Mavs could certainly use him if they could get him. 

Seems to me like he wants to be a Laker, however.

(12-03-2022, 01:37 AM)F Gump Wrote: I'm not suggesting you (or anyone else) should stop discussing ideas. That's still interesting.

But I am becoming more and more pessimistic about the potential and future of this team, and it all derives from the void of EXPERT Mav GM-ing. The ideas swapped here are certainly a mixed bag - some good or realistic, and some not so much of either - but when it comes to what the Mavs actually choose to do, it's blunder after blunder, which not only prevents this year's team from a better potential, but also is handcuffing ways to make things better in coming years.

They end up spending as much asset capital trying to fix the self-inflicted blunders of the past as they do trying to improve the future.

We keep coming to the awareness that this team lacks a real genius who understands the game, knows talent, and knows what he can make happen by expert moves and negotiations. As we sit in place or even slide downhill, we're being passed by the competition who has much better GMs making positive things happen. When will Cuban pay a guy with the ability to figure out the path to greatness, and who knows how to get it done? Ever? Until then, I don't think even Luka can win a title in Dallas, and the clock is ticking down on his time as a Mav.

Oh, I don't disagree with a single word of this. Right there with you. 

But, I don't expect any of it to change in my lifetime.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by KillerLeft - 12-03-2022, 11:01 AM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM