Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
Cow, I agree that signing Pinson was utterly stupid. But he got the new Bobi role.
KL, yes the McGee signing looks quite awful so far. I'm hoping that will change.

However, the Mavs' inability to evaluate talent doesn't change anything. We wanted them to have a way to try, right?  Remember, this team was VERY thin last year, and that was a huge part of the wall they hit vs GS. They needed to move off those 4 and add some useful ones to the mix. And let's be real, Cuban wasn't going to spend an extra $Eleventy-Fourteen Million in tax by waiving a bunch of players and then paying more money to fill those slots again.. He just wasn't.

I'd wager getting Wood was less about Wood himself, and more about a Mav proposal (take our 4 junk bodies, give us an expiring salary match, and you get our pick) being shopped all around the league, and Wood was the best offer they got (the one they thought had the most potential for them) so they took it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes F Gump's post:
  • cow
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by F Gump - 12-02-2022, 03:50 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM