Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-02-2022, 03:05 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Can we at least acknowledge that giving up that pick in the trade didn't really do much damage seeing as the guy we wanted (as far as we're told) slid far enough down and we made a move to nab him?

So they could've had him PLUS a different flier on a different sliding player (Liddell was there, if memory serves). 

I'm sorry, guys. I don't think anyone they might've picked would've changed the franchise, but if you're telling me "they always knew Wood was probably just going to bust out here and walk" then give me option B! 

We keep talking about how few young assets the team has - well, drafting them (in situations where trading the pick doesn't make you better FOR SURE) is HOW you get those young players. Yes, many of them won't work out, but if you don't try you don't get chances at any of them working out!

(12-02-2022, 03:43 PM)cow Wrote: Again, do the exercise in your mind.  Cut him.  Once he clears waivers, he'll be on another team in minutes and part of the rotation.  Probably a Buck.  You can disagree with the MBT for wanting him and certainly the contract, but you can't pretend no one else wanted him.

I addressed this exercise already. 

I wish the Bucks would've signed him. Then, they'd be worse and the Mavs might be the tiniest bit better. Certainly better situated to move forward.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by KillerLeft - 12-02-2022, 03:43 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM