Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-02-2022, 03:19 PM)F Gump Wrote: Re Wood and the minutes, I'm not binary at all. I think it's a process, and I'm just pushing back on the extremely simplistic whine (not saying it's yours, except when you defend it) that the process MUST be done in a way that gives Wood more minutes immediately and always, and that demands the Mavs course be tied to Wood's development.

Re Wood and the trade to get him, I'm with cow on that. I think the pick (a very low 1st-rounder in a draft that was about 15 deep in excellence, and then a big crapshoot after) was MOSTLY payment for getting rid of 4 bodies that they didn't want and couldn't use. Note that all those players except Bobi eventually were waived (that's their value) and also remember the Mavs needed roster spots badly. The Mavs were NOT going to waive those players if there was a way around it, because of the tax consequence on all the dead money.

The Mavs have claimed that they got the guy anyhow that they would have drafted with that pick, so the net cost of Wood was probably a future 2nd rounder (what it cost to get Hardy). IMO quite reasonable regardless of how it works out..

The only thing that upsets me on the execution of this all is the singing of Pinson we just seems like repeating the 4x JAG mistake all over again.  I know it is just a one year deal but that spot would have better been served for someone with some upside.  We just aren't good enough to waste spots like that.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by cow - 12-02-2022, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM