Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-02-2022, 03:06 PM)mvossman Wrote: The point I was making is that there is a lot of room between what folks (including you) were hoping we would get in Wood and dirt.

Sure, but what @"cow" is saying (I think) is that he's a "lottery ticket" (OK, I can get behind that analogy) and that the true value for the pick was dumping those 4 players. He seems to believe "it didn't work out, good luck out there, Mr. Wood" is and was always among the likely scenarios in their minds, both before the trade and now (correct me if I'm wrong, Mr. Cow). 

No, sorry. GIVE ME THE COST CONTROLLED ROOKIE PLAYER, if that's their attitude. I'm not arguing in favor of looking at Wood more favorably, I agree there's a reason he was so cheap! I'm saying, if you're going to make the trade, you'd better have a bad ass plan for making him work here, imho. 

If not, you're paying to dump guys for nothing. No reason, whatsoever. Most of their money would've expired, just like his, and if he fails here that means they literally didn't add a single thing of value into the roster spots that were created by paying to move them. This is the textbook definition of "wheel spinning." 

If Wood works out here and gets a new contract - GREAT TRADE.

If you're able to package Wood at the deadline in a deal that wouldn't have worked with the combo of those outgoing guys - GREAT TRADE.

If this story ends with just letting him walk and you've PAID a 1st to position yourself to make absolutely no progress, I'm sorry...that's terrible, and saying "they wouldn't have picked a good player anyway" is soooo emblematic of how horribly this franchise has conditioned our expectations.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by KillerLeft - 12-02-2022, 03:15 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM