Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-02-2022, 02:41 PM)cow Wrote: Just do this mental exercise.  Cut all five players.  As soon as they clear waivers, only one of them is getting picked up and only one of them will get minutes for another team.

I think it depends on the evaluator, team and system, but for me, the highest McGee could possibly be on that list is 3rd, and that's as generous as I can bring myself to be. 

Do THIS exercise: on THIS team, THIS season, which of those players would have played the most minutes to this point? I really, really don't think McGee is the answer to that question.

(12-02-2022, 02:53 PM)mvossman Wrote: feel like this is hyperbole.  Folks talked themselves into Wood being an all star that could replace Brunson and more.  We didn't pay near enough in assets for that.  A late first and crappy expiring contracts is not going to get you a lot.

Wow. 

I'm NOT calling Wood any of that. 

I'm saying I would rather have the pick (and a rookie-contract controlled player) than a player who might not work out here and expire for nothing. 

When you argue that people's valuations of Wood are too high, you're arguing in favor of that point. But your lead sentence was about hyperbole.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by KillerLeft - 12-02-2022, 02:53 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM