Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-02-2022, 02:38 PM)F Gump Wrote: But the disconnect re Wood is the ongoing repetitious assumption that (a) the Mavs aren't trying to make it happen, as quickly and as smoothly as they can, and (b) it would be just that easy, to just say "Here, play these minutes, now it works." 

His personal scoring numbers are attractive, and rebounding as well. But there's so much more to the game than that, to be a key player on a top team. Hopefully he will get there. Until then, it's a process, not a proclamation, and "more minutes immediately" isn't necessarily the way to make it happen.

It's not that I don't understand or agree with what you're saying here. Trust me. 

I just don't think it's as binary as you Kamm are making it. You're replying like I'm on the opposite extreme from you, and I'm really not. In fact, I'm probably closer to where you are than where he is. 

But, here's what can't be denied, factually: The Mavericks are noticeably short on offensive talent. Wood has uncommonly rare offensive abilities. Now, it's clear that finding a way (or maybe even his potential to) apply them within a system to winning effect is going to be a process. And to be fair, they might be doing everything they possibly can behind the scenes, which I think is a large part of your point. 

But, you have to accept that this is going to be a frustrating time for all of us.

(12-02-2022, 02:41 PM)cow Wrote: They didn't throw the pick away.  They paid to dump 4x JAGs and got a Christian Wood lottery ticket.  Far better than what they normally do in the draft.  It was a really smart trade on their part.

I thought so, too, at the time. I think I'd prefer to have the players and pick(ed player) back in hindsight (at this point, at least). To be fair, my opinion will swing back that way if the Wood thing starts to work out better as we go. But, it seems like you're saying their goal was to "dump" people and that Wood was just a secondary prize, and that they always knew the most likely outcome was simply letting him expire. 

I am NOT ok with them using the pick that way, sorry.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by KillerLeft - 12-02-2022, 02:46 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM