Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-02-2022, 02:08 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Honestly not any more horrible than some of the guys who have been part of this team for YEARS. All players will have some ups and downs, especially as they acclimate to a new system.

Agree with the sentiment but I think a lot of people here think he is the savior and can turn this team around.  I don't see it, no matter how great he plays.  I thought our ceiling was probably to be as good as, yet different, than our team last year with JB and I just don't see that now.  

I'd also be a little terrified to invest long term money in Wood, especially if Kidd is part of our future.  I'd happily take him at his current number without Kidd, but giving him more money and keeping him with Kidd just seems like a THJ situation all over again.

If I'm the GM, I'm having Kidd invest more minutes into Green and some minutes into Hardy.  Everyone is on the table except Luka.

(12-02-2022, 02:09 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Oh, for sure we (fans) are. But, the team should be, too. 

If he's not, then they wasted another summer and another first round pick. That's much, MUCH worse than hoping (foolishly, maybe) to make him work here.

Summer?  Sure.  Giving 3 years to McGee was a mistake.  First round pick?  Not really.  You paid a fair value to dump contracts (sins of the previous MBT) and somehow managed to get Wood in the deal.  That's not working out but it's hard to complain about what they paid for him considering the contract dumps.   If Wood was always at his best, there is no way you'd pay so little for him when guys like RoCo went for 2x FRPs.  Not to mention that the MBT got their guy in Hardy.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by cow - 12-02-2022, 02:14 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM