Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(12-02-2022, 01:16 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I think how Kidd is USING Wood is the whole issue and the position issue wouldn't be a thing unless Kidd were forcing Wood to play a "position" within his scheme. But yes Wood does not clearly fit a position in how KIDD envisions the positions in his system.

I get where you're coming from with this, trust me. On a purely macro level I totally agree. The thing is, "system" is absolutely necessary in order to get 15 people to coordinate their efforts toward a common goal, organizationally, and it's much harder than we think to completely redesign that stuff on the fly, even in (one) training camp. 

The things I've seen you begging for, regarding making Luka/Wood two-man the centerpiece of the offense system sort of require him to be played at the 5, imho, because it requires certain defenders to be in place opposing it to reach full effect. There aren't very many teams playing two bigs anymore, so the days of 1-4 pick and roll are kind of behind us (for now).
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Kammrath, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by KillerLeft - 12-02-2022, 01:26 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM