Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(11-29-2022, 07:40 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I bet GMs say that all the time. Players are not stupid. I´d bet a lot of money, about 180M of it, that Presti said exactly that to SGA. Go through the process with us. I give you the full max, no questions asked and in 2-3 years we have a contender for the next decade. It´s a different approach to challenge Wood. Butter him up by praising his offense, give him job security with extension/future talk, but demand defensive commitment and leadership under similar circumstances to Houston with Green/KPJ. Has he changed? That´s a better way to find out.

Quote:I´d bet a lot of money, about 180M of it, that Presti said exactly that to SGA.

I don't know.  I might take your money on that one @"Mavs2021"  Big Grin 
Certainly players are far from stupid, but to say "exactly" that as you put it 
Listen we cannot compete this year and we have to tank this year.  

It has been said Players themselves compete.  Its in their own best interest to compete. The teams that really tank are constructed to tank from a talent standpoint. The coaches can make key game losing moves or fail to make winning moves with playing time etc. and force the tanking results.  Players are more than smart enough to understand what those things mean, but I wouldn't be sure at all that the statements to players would be "we cannot compete and we have to tank".  

Watching the Mavericks compete so hard last night against the defending world champion GSW, I can't imagine Wood talking and it gets back to guys like Luka, DFS, Green, Kleber, Dinwiddie that the Nico and Mavs said "we cannot compete and we have to tank".  
[-] The following 3 users Like Dahlsim's post:
  • F Gump, mvossman, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by Dahlsim - 11-30-2022, 12:16 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM