Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(11-27-2022, 10:46 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: The "issue" is obvious. He is not a get his own type player like Luka or Dinwiddie. Can he post up and get his own every once in a while? Yes. Should he be relied on to do it? No. 

Agreed.
I'm just so used to the memory of the Mavs version of KP that seeing Wood do what's KP was supposed to do (on offense) had me thinking, he can be that guy where you can just dump the ball and let him operate. He can still be more than adequate at this, but not the basket go getter, automatic 2 points, I thought he is.

KP was unable to score on the block against defenders a foot shorter than him, KP was unable to dribble past anyone on an ISO without fumbling. Wood at least is better and still can work against a lot of matchups and defenders. In KP's time with the Mavs, I felt like you can put a McConnel on him and KP still shoots 8 feet away from the basket, fading away. Wood can at least, force his way in the lane.

Not all-star material, but the Mavs have no real choice on offense aside from SD and probably Green (hopefully in due time).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo - 11-27-2022, 11:08 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM