Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(11-27-2022, 05:30 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: What pick # was the one we gave up for Wood?

Are we setting this up to where we think we did good by acquiring Wood to flip for Olynyk and a similar pick back?

Unless we get a good player back or a tastier FRP back...its a loss to me.

Im out on Olynyk.  Hes a chucker or at least use to be.  I dont know about his all around game or defense.  I think its safe to say that I would prefer a better quality players than Kelly.

Why are we always after these fringe guys that we are literally running as fast as we can to barely make it to first base?  If we even beat the throw out.   These singles that are talked about around here are not ideal to me.   Im all for playing the "hit singles" game...but at least target decent players.  This is why I think Draft is better than these hoping for a single vets.

We would be getting a FRP for taking on 2 years (this and next) of Oylnyk for one of UTH picks.  Right now, they are listed at 14, 17 and 18.  Mavs gave up the 26th pick to get Wood.  I'm not a fan of Oylnyk either it is the pick I'm looking to acquire.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chaparral's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by chaparral - 11-27-2022, 05:57 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM