Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(11-26-2022, 09:37 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: This isn’t to knock Wood because I want to see more of him.  I would rather see more of his sucking considering what else we have to offer.  But I think a lot of mav fans have gotten too goo goo over him with his scoring in bunches and it clouds the full picture of his game. He is really good at scoring in bunches but outside of his scoring in bunches in some games the rest of his game is really lacking.  I am much more interested long term with him on how he impacts games when he isn’t scoring.  Does he make winning plays?

He does rebound and passes really well.  Hes not a ball hog and I would argue he knows how to make the winning play offensively.  He hesitates on 3s that he should let go...but because of the hesitation the defender closes and Wood pump fakes and passes out...sometimes he will do a blow by.

He just doesnt have a deep bag of crisp skill.   A lot of what he does outside of scoring and passing seems amateurish to me.  I could be completely off though.

I do notice he is lazy at boxing out.  I dont rewatch games so I could be talking about something that isnt quite the case...but every time I do watch to see if he is boxing out...he doesnt.   Green on the other hand...is getting his caboose low in a squat position, walling off the player with his arms out wide and then walking players backwards sealing off rebounds for himself or other Mavs.

Wood...I am a big fan and a breathe of fresh air on this team...but something about his overall game is bothering me and I cant describe it.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by dynamicalVoid - 11-26-2022, 09:49 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM