Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(11-24-2022, 07:46 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: * If the plan is to trade Wood, alright, keeping him off the bench is understood. Mavs disregard Wood and that's okay, team strategy comes first.
* If the plan is let him walk, then I understand this too, the Mavs just wasted a FRP for a rental -- it's a move so disappointing but not surprising of the Mavs.
* If the plan is to retain him, then goodluck with that. Keeping him on the bench when he wants to start is more than half a reason for him walking.

I am not in the camp of assuming Wood is a must-keep, but I strongly believe that his future will be settled (one way or the other) long before free agency. I would wager that Wood's future as a Mav will get completely settled by the trade deadline - either he will sign an extension before the deadline, or he will get traded.

I don't think anything has happened yet that is any different from normal coach-team-player dynamics, so I don't see any obstacles to that extension, except for whether he plays well enough to merit what he wants. But whatever happens, with no extension I don't think the Mavs will test their luck again in free agency with Wood.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by F Gump - 11-25-2022, 01:45 AM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM