Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
DP or McGee starting has its share of negatives. Lots of it actually, but with the case of DP we're so used to having his inadequate play that it's now okay to be happy with hustle and disregard any rim protection whatsoever. DP is playing against starters and it shows. How bad would Wood be against starters when the bar is so low?

But my preference is for Wood not to start, simply because the Mavs would need an offensive punch later in the first half when Luka steps off from the pedal a bit, or rests on the bench. I am okay with this, as long as Wood gets his minutes.

As for the Mavs..
Wood has mentioned he is deserving of a starting role.
If he feels so strongly about this, then that's going to factor in on what the Mavs should do.

* If the plan is to trade Wood, alright, keeping him off the bench is understood. Mavs disregard Wood and that's okay, team strategy comes first.
* If the plan is let him walk, then I understand this too, the Mavs just wasted a FRP for a rental -- it's a move so disappointing but not surprising of the Mavs.
* If the plan is to retain him, then goodluck with that. Keeping him on the bench when he wants to start is more than half a reason for him walking.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo - 11-24-2022, 07:46 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM