Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(11-21-2022, 12:51 PM)haveitall Wrote: Everytime Wood plays he plays well.  His defense is better than McGee's.  He hustles and tries really hard.  He has missed a few defensive assignment but not more than any other player.  The biggest problem this team has is lack of talent and Wood has it.  He should be playing 30-35 mpg as a starter.  Josh Green should also be a starter instead of Bullock.

I normally try to put myself in the mind of the coach on arguments like this and usually assume they have reasons we don't see/understand to make the choices they do, but in this case I'm kind of leaning this direction myself. 

I think you can argue that it's a little early to be talking that way about Green, but there's no question in my mind that Wood A) thinks of himself as a starter, B) has experience as a starter, C) is talented enough to be a higher minute player, D) is one of the 3-4 best players on this team, at least and E) will probably not re-sign here to play this low minute role, moving forward. 

Given all of that, I simply do not understand why they traded for him if this is how they wanted to use him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by KillerLeft - 11-21-2022, 01:13 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM