Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(11-21-2022, 08:58 AM)Smitty Wrote: I'm no fan of Kidd right now, but it's impossible he is the sole reason for any and all decisions. 

There are maybe 10 coaches, all of which have a unique roles and provide input and reasoning for basketball decisions. Yes the head coach takes the blame/credit -- but at this point the entire coaching staff is either completely incompetent or there is something much greater going on, that none of us can see on the surface.

Here is my Hot Sports Opinion...

Wood has shown great offensive skills, willingness to be a team player and pass the ball...I have no idea about defensive assignments though...

But...

I think Wood gets abused in a Playoff setting.  He seems willing to compete and fight in the paint...but it seems like he is always getting bullied to me.  Maybe I am wrong on this.  I dont know if this would prevent him from getting minutes or not.  OTOH...he does seem to get rebounds.  Also...I dont know if he is a winning defensive player even though he seems willing to try.  Does he need time to learn the assignments to be in better position?  I dont know.  He seems to get scored on easy because he is a quarter second late on rotation or a fingernail away from a blocked shot.

I could be way off in my evals on Wood here...and even if I am right I dont know if not playing him good minutes fixes those issues.   Something is up with this situation, though.

Im a big Wood supporter right now and hope he gets more minutes.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by dynamicalVoid - 11-21-2022, 09:10 AM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM