Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
THE CRUCIFIX: Cato: Wood isn't thrilled w/ his role...Will depart in the summer
(11-16-2022, 02:28 AM)cow Wrote: The issue is that you aren't going to return much, if anything, for Wood.

Agree, there is nothing he's done at this point that would make him anymore valuable than what he was when we traded for him. He'd have to have a great season and probably play just as well in the playoffs for a lot of minds around the league to change on his value, at which point if we aren't trying everything to keep him then we really are a basket case in the front office.

I think he has the type of talent we have wished we could get in FA, but never do. I'm coming around on Kidd calling out Wood being taken more seriously by fans than by Wood or the rest of the team. I think there's a lot more positive reinforcement going on in the background than we are privy to. I'm literally waiting to see the selfish ball hog all about me basketball player everyone keeps barking about, and all I see is a guy who's unselfishness on court is actually growing, to where I'm annoyed to see him make the extra pass, because I want him to shoot more, even though it's probably the right play. I also see more and more effort on defense and less and less glaring mistakes. It's just not the attitude of someone who's remotely disgruntled, especially if they are a problem child, and have literally walked out on a team mid game in the past due to disharmony in the locker room. It's the attitude of someone who's buying in.

I know exactly what a guy who's irritable and moody with an ego looks like, because we had one in KP, and Wood is nothing like him.
[-] The following 2 users Like Dundalis's post:
  • DallasMaverick, DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: All Things Christian Wood | - by Dundalis - 11-16-2022, 08:50 AM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-09-2023, 03:27 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 05:56 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by MFFL - 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-10-2023, 03:18 PM
RE: THE CRUCIFIX: Wood survives the TDL - by cow - 02-14-2023, 03:30 PM